Are you looking for an excellent source of iron, zinc, B vitamins, magnesium, and potassium? Lentils! They are high in fiber, a plant-based protein and low in fat. They make an excellent gluten free meal.
- 1 pound lentils
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 2-14 oz cans chickpeas with liquid
- 1-14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 kielbasa (turkey, pork, etc), chopped
- ½ jar of Masala Sauce from Trader Joes
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (optional)
- 1 tbsp Chana Masala Seasoning (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ashwanganda (optional)
- Kosher or Sea Salt to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock (or veggie)
- 1-2 cups water
Place all ingredients in an Instant Pot. To know how much water, add this last and fill to the max line in a 14 cup Instant Pot. Lock the lid, set on Manual for 10 minutes. Let it release naturally, this should take about 20-25 minutes. Check for seasonings and serve!
Note: The optional seasonings I add are because I love the health benefits they offer and I love the taste they add to the dish. But if you don’t have them, don’t worry. And for the Masala Sauce from TJ’s, if you can’t get that, don’t fret-find some spices in that cupboard of yours (garam masala, red curry paste or powder, etc) and it will taste amazing!
Macros/Calories per 1 cup serving:
- 37g Carb
- 25g Protein
- 8g Fat
- 321 Calories